Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will prepare new ADCs using both general and proprietary bioconjugation methodology. He or she must therefore demonstrate expertise in a variety of synthetic, analytical and purification techniques related to antibodies and antibody conjugates. A particular emphasis is placed on a thorough mastery of analytical and preparative chromatography, especially hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), ion exchange (IEX), and size-exclusion chromatography (SEC).
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who can manage and organize data on different projects. He or she will be able to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus. The successful candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills while working efficiently to satisfy strict timelines and deliverables. As Levena is a team-oriented, multi-disciplinary environment, the successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in interacting with the Synthetic Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC), and Analytical Development teams.
· Ph.D. with 0-3 years or M.S. with 5+ years of experience in antibody bioconjugation, ADC development, or related research area, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or biotech organization.
· Thorough knowledge and experience in analytical and preparative chromatography including, but not limited to, HIC, IEX, and SEC methods, along with TFF purification.
· Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written).
· Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently to be able to satisfy specific timelines and deliverables.
· The synthesis, purification, and characterization of ADCs and related biotherapeutic agents.
· Possess a versatile technical mastery in antibody and ADC handling at multiple (microgram to gram) scales.
· Maintain an expertise in analytical and preparative chromatography including, but not limited to, HIC, IEX, and SEC methods, in addition to Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) processing.
· The individual will be expected to communicate results both internally and externally through presentations and formal technical reports.
· Maintain a legible, accurate, and detailed record of all relevant data and testing in the laboratory notebook, including specific protocols and procedures being utilized.
· The individual will be required to lead efforts in method trouble shooting and the creation and/or revision of SOPs.
· Perform laboratory work in a safe and compliant manner at all times.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer