Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Oncolytic Immunotherapy group is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to support the scientific goals of the research group by providing molecular biology, cell biology and virology support for oncolytic virus research and production. The candidate will also assist in the organizational aspects of the research group, such as spreadsheet and database maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the cloning and screening of plasmid expression constructs for oncolytic virus development
- Assist in the molecular characterization of oncolytic virus candidates, including DNA and protein purification, PCR, sequencing analysis, and various protein expression analyses
- Perform maintenance of mammalian cell lines for virus production and characterization
- Perform standard virology procedures, including infections, plaque assays, and virus purification
- Accurately update and maintain shared group databases
- Accurately prepare solutions and reagents necessary for all tasks
- Analyze data and clearly summarize results for supervisor and other group members
- Accurately document all observations and actions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in life sciences
- 1+ years of experience in an academic or industry research lab
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Preferred experience with standard plasmid cloning techniques (Restriction enzymes, In Fusion, Gibson assembly, transformations)
- Preferred experience with basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, DNA purification, and sequence analysis
- Preferred experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and cell-based assays
- Ability to work safely and comfortably with infectious virus in a BSL-2 setting
- Clear oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work well within the team as well as under limited supervision
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your interests, please apply. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer