Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate II responsible for performing downstream manufacturing tasks including 1) tracking and control of raw material inventory, 2) maintenance and operation of equipment in cGMP facilities, 3) buffer preparation, 4) assist in setup and operation of purification equipment for production of clinical and commercial products.
- Control and track raw material inventory
- Maintain and clean cleanroom facility and equipment
- Perform daily monitoring of equipment and assist Facilities and Engineering personnel as necessary on equipment maintenance and calibration
- Prepare media and buffer solutions
- Assist in packing, unpacking, and cleaning production scale chromatography BPG columns
- Operate and maintain AKTA process chromatography skid
- Assist in setup and operation of the filtration systems (depth filtration, sterile filtration, viral filtration, and UF/DF) including aseptic technique
- Review and revise cGMP Batch Production Records, SOP’s, protocols, and reports
- Provide support to cross-functional teams to meet production or timeline demands
- Demonstrate understanding in technical operations, safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of manufacturing documentation per approved procedures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and help train junior associates
- Understanding of buffer preparation, column chromatography, basic laboratory techniques strongly preferred
- Strong desire to learn and become a contributing member of the Downstream team
- Experience with GMP manufacturing of therapeutic proteins, preferable antibodies, including aseptic processing as a plus
- Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, and data entry
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions (Batch Record execution) in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your interests, please apply. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer