Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The QC Associate contributes to general operations and testing for Quality Control (QC). This individual will support in-process, drug substance, drug product, and stability testing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in QC tests for CAR-T/KOKI CAR-T manufacturing product/clinical samples, including sample receiving and testing, QC testing sample tracking, compiling QC testing results, and writing summary reports
- Participate in writing and revising SOPs, forms, protocols, and reports
- Assist in the development and optimization of test methods
- Collect, analyze, and share data; adheres to the production schedule ensuring on-time, internal production logistics
- Participate in the qualification of equipment, methods, and processes
- Maintain log books related to inventory and equipment
- Ensure labs are clean and safe (in compliance with cGMP) and properly stocked
- Make detailed observations in support of Deviation and OOS result investigations
- General maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Widespread support for Quality Control
- Performs other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, bio-engineering or related disciplines with 0-5 years experience; or Master’s degree with greater than 8 years post-graduate or industrial experience
- Experience with development of ELISAs, qPCR assays, and cell-based assays preferred
- QC and operational experiences preferred
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with groups
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and three-weeks’ PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer